Welcome to the Kentmere Academy, Year 3/4 page. Classes are a combination of students from Year 3 and Year 4. At Kentmere Academy, classes are mixed in order to both support students and encourage those students who are advancing quickly. The results have been successful with reduced class sizes, an improved working relationship between teachers and students and academic progress in key areas.
Year 3/4 is an exciting time of discovery at Kentmere Academy. Students are encouraged to challenge what they know in order to develop analysis and evaluation skills. It is these skills that will be crucial for success during a student’s exam years.
You can view the curriculum topics that Year 3/4 classes will be studying by clicking on the links below:
It is important that you help you help your child with their studying while at home. You can help your child by:
- Reading with your child every night.
- Working on spellings every week, ready for the spelling test (every Friday).
- Select a further task from the optional homework menu. This will be sent home at the beginning of every half which can be seen below.
- Practising the times tables - children should be able to recite all times tables up to 12 x 12 by the end of Year 4.
- Practice reading the time on an analogue clock.