At Kentmere Academy, our Nursery department prides itself on exceptional pastoral care and guidance. Our trained Nursery staff ensure a carefully monitored programme of activities that are focused around improving your child’s learning and development. The early years of a child’s life are crucial. At Kentmere Nursery we work hard to make every day special for our young children in preparation for the transition into the main school.
Kentmere Nursery staff monitor the progress of their children through the Early Years Foundation stages (EYFS).
As part of the Early Years Foundation Stage, we complete work within 7 areas of learning and development. These are divided into prime areas (Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development and Communication and Language) and specific areas (Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.)
With access to dedicated facilities both indoor and outdoors, staff create a learning bond that allows children to grow and develop safely, reassuring parents that their child is in a safe learning environment and will be academically confident as they transition into mainstream education.
Kentmere Academy Nursery is a full time Nursery service in the Rochdale borough that is available at a reduced cost of the mainstream Nursery and childcare services in the area. Our Nursery provision is managed by fully qualified teaching staff. This ensures that your children receive the best care and education for the early years. If you would like to learn more, please contact us.
This half term, our topic is ‘What can you see in the night sky?’ and ‘Christmas.’ Within this topic we will be learning about Diwali, Bonfire Night, Halloween, Autumn and nocturnal animals.
We will also be learning about the Christmas nativity and joining in with the Christmas celebrations within school. We will be looking at both fiction and non-fiction books.
During forest school we will be exploring Autumn and the changes to winter as well as developing new skills, tying knots and building shelters.
You can view the various different topics that children in the Kentmere Academy Nursery will be studying by clicking on the links below:
It is very important that you and your child work on their studying at home. This helps them to develop and improve. It would be really helpful if you would help your child practice these things at home:
- Counting a number of objects
- Counting forwards and backwards
- Recognising numbers
- Reading every night and reading bedtime stories together
- Recognising their name.
- The children in our class enjoy using our outdoor area and equipment so please be respectful and supervise children to ensure they are not using the equipment at the beginning and end of the school day.
- Please make sure your child has a coat (labelled with their name) in school every day as the weather can soon change. This needs to be a waterproof coat as we use the outdoor area in all weathers.
- Please ensure your child has a pair of wellies to be kept in school clearly labelled with their name as we use the outdoor area in all weathers.
- During the summer months can you please make sure your child is prepared for sunny weather - sun cream applied at home, bring a sunhat and sunglasses.
- Please can all parents make sure that their child’s name is written in all items of uniform and PE kit including shoes and pumps.
Kentmere Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment. If you have concerns regarding the safeguarding or welfare of any of our pupils, please contact Mrs Debra Gillespie
By entering our site you agree to share our Safeguarding committment and accept the guidelines within our policy.Safeguarding and