At Kentmere Academy, every pupil is nurtured and encouraged to fulfil their potential – our aim, to stretch the most able and support the least confident, informs and guides all that we do. We want all our pupils to achieve their best both academically and socially. Alongside this we promote an ethos where every child is valued as an individual, to help them to grow into caring and respectful young people who are able to get on well with each other and make a positive contribution to our community.
The image of the Kentmere Academy and Nursery is the responsibility of every one of its members. Every pupil is an ambassador for the school, especially whilst wearing the Kentmere uniform. We are all judged by the conduct of each individual.
All pupils are expected and required to behave with consideration, courtesy and respect for other members of their class, the school community and the public in general.
The school has a number of rules which are designed to: enable the school community to work together, promote good behaviour and keep pupils and staff safe. Our rules aim:
1. To foster trust between adults and children and to teach children to be honest and trusting with each other.
2. To highlight praise and reward for good work and positive behaviour.
3. To develop a sense of respect, kindness and consideration for others.
4. To encourage children to think about their behaviour, take responsibility for their actions and learn self control.
5. To create an environment where adults and children can expect to be listened to and treated politely and fairly.
6. To respect others’ property, the school building and the school grounds (no litter please).
We take behaviour very seriously at Kentmere Academy. You can learn more about our behaviour rules and regulations by viewing our Behaviour policy.
There are five Golden Rules on display in the hall. These are of a broad and general nature and apply to many situations. These rules will be referred to regularly during assemblies and reinforce the behaviour which the school values.
Our golden rules are:
1. We are positive, polite and friendly to everyone.
2. We always do our best.
3. We are always considerate and respect others.
4. We look after our belongings and take proper care of school property and equipment.
5. We listen carefully to members of staff and each other and respond appropriately.